8 Day Yoga & Sound Meditation Retreat near Essaouira, Morocco, from 3 -10 October 2019.
We took a two hour drive out of Marrakesh and off towards the gorgeous coastal city of Essaouira. Its picturesque and historical sites tie in beautifully with the energy of yoga and the ancient practice of sound healing, creating the perfect backdrop for our special event. We've enjoyed daily yoga and sound meditation restored and replenished our body and mind: a week for nurturing yourself and gaining new tools to enhance your life.
Are you ready to empower your body and mind through yoga and sound?
This is the perfect time to take a moment for yourself and reconnect, in a relaxed and luxurious environment, with our own infinity pool and great chef, and a comfy space to breathe. We'll be enjoying the Moroccon sun - still, pretty warm at the beginning of October - before the cold nights set in.
During the week you will:
• Develop new skills to restore and nurture your health and wellbeing
• Learn how to keep using those empowering tools when you return home
• Reclaim your peace of mind, to help you maintain a positive attitude to life
• Improve your ability to response to stress and increase your resilience, through our designed program
• Enjoy a restful holiday in comfortable, secure accommodation near Essaouira, a beautiful port city on Morocco’s Atlantic coast.
This retreat includes:
• 7 nights accommodation in a beautiful villa, with its large private pool and all the facilities we need for the perfect stay
• All meals during your stay: light breakfast and two veggie/vegan meals a day made with fresh, organic products
• A program designed to strengthen, relax and restore, through mindful and revitalising daily practices
• Morning sessions: Yoga practice - mixed-styles: Hatha, Vinyasa flow and Iyengar - asanas, pranayama and kriyas.
• Afternoon or evening sessions: Sound Meditation with Tibetan bowls, and exploration of other types of meditation, e.g. Vedic, Trataka, Buddhist, Yoga Nidra...
• A midweek group event: share your wisdom, sing or play a music instrument (bring it along!)
• Transfer to and from the airport
• All levels welcome: extra support for beginners
• Individual Reiki sessions will be available on a 1-to-1 basis (on request, for an extra fee)
What is Essaouira like?
With tons of history, colourful medina, Essaouira means ‘pretty picture’ and is known as one of the most beautiful beach towns in the region. Morocco cultivates a knowledge of natural traditions and remedies, not to mention the fresh and colourful food, and the markets!
Essaouira is famous for its quaint cobble stone streets, turquoise doors, vibrant yet laid back medina and welcoming people. Its history dates back to the 7th Century B.C., when the Phoenicians used to pass through this coastal town. Essaouira's old town was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2001. It has a vibrant medieval history and is packed with historical sites.
In your free time, you can:
• See the great ‘Door of the Port’
• Meander through the colourful medina
• Try local food and drink fresh mint tea
• Hang out at the pool and just BE!
• Visit the old Jewish district
• Watch the fishermen at work, on their traditional blue painted boats
• Explore the art galleries and rich culture showcasing Essaouira's artisanal heritage
• Have a Hammam, i.e. a traditional body scrub and oil massage - it’s sumptuous!
Participants should arrive no later
than Thursday 3 October.
The retreat ends on Thursday 10 October.
Transfers to and from the airport are included in our fee.
To know more about our various packages, CONTACT US.
We recommend you to BOOK your flight ASAP to get the
best deal. Please, let us know once you've booked,
so we can organise the transfer for you.
For advice on airlines, please CONTACT US, or call us on (+44) (0)7971612234.